Election night drinking game 2010
It’s time once again for the Dave from Albury’s Federal Election Drinking Game, with at least 5% fresh material since 2007.
This drinking game is easy. Tune in to the ABC on election night and drink when any of the following are said:
- Small booths
- Eden Monaro
- Early returns
- Quietly confident
- The Australian people
- Large booths
- The door’s still open
- Too close to call
- We’ll know more shortly
- Factional Warlords
If you really want to get smashed include the following:
- Balance of Power
The advanced section for seasoned gamers is as follows:
- Two drinks whenever Antony Green has bought up the wrong slide.
- Two drinks for a cross to the tally room.
- Two drinks whenever Kerry chuckles after interviewing a losing candidate.
- Three drinks whenever Antony says that the computer is wrong.
- Three drinks whenever someone seen as a ‘future leader of the party’ loses. (This does not apply to Peter Dutton, no-one seriously believes he could lead a Shetland pony)
- Three drinks whenever a Politician on the panel refuses to concede a seat that their side has obviously lost.
- Three drinks if you can get a tweet read out on air
And for the truly committed ALP and Greens supporters:
- Scotch and razor blades if you hear the phrase “Tony Abbott is our new Prime Minister”.